Mr. Pipp has been an innovator in technical advances in business since 1982. He has lead businesses in creating pioneering systems that are still used today. Here are just a few of the innovative firsts:
- First system to support ‘at-the-pump’ card swipe authorization. Designed and developed for Gascard Club in 1982 with the software team
- First leased line implementation of merchant electronic-draft-capture for Wells Fargo. (Designed for Gascard Club 1983)First system to support telephone initiated ‘PIN-less’ debit transactions. (Developed for Mistix Corp 1988)
- First home based POS application and system to support secure electronic payments. (Designed and developed for HomePOS 1989)
Dynamic Display of Electronic Catalogs
- First Point of Sale activated pre-paid telephone card. (Designed and developed for subsidiary of WorldCom) (1994)
- First Internet retail storefront with micro-payment (1995)
- First hosted eCommerce storefront service (SAAS) 1994. Patent on dynamically generated electronic storefront (awarded 1999).
- First secure retail eCommerce payment transaction over the Internet.
(Designed in part and Developed for CyberCash 1995)
- First multi-national gaming site that supports both pari-mutuel and sport betting. (Developed for IWN 1997)